PRACTICE AREA DETAILS
- Date 02 Aug 2021
- Lawyer Julian Ndirangu, David Njoroge
- Location Kenya
- Category Corporate Dipsute Resolution Practice Group
ABOUT THIS PRACTICE AREA
Igeria & Ngugi provides the best standards for commercial litigation and ADR. The firm’s arbitration attorneys have the required expertise to reach authoritative settlements and judgements. We represent clients in an extensive range of disputes in the commercial world, including employment, judicial reviews, constitutional, competition, public procurement and tax cases.
Our team of professional arbitrators can also assist in cases where contracts necessitate arbitration. The firm stands as a consummate communicator for clients during disputes, boasting busy arbitration chambers. Our pursuit is protecting your interests, costs and timelines while working in a more efficient and controlled environment.
- Won a favourable Supreme Court decision on a long-running land dispute matter under Section 163.4.A
- Successfully defended the appointment of a regulatory body's Board of Directors.
- Defended KenHA on a suit on access roads to Super-Highways, saving the parastatal almost Kes 2bn in super-highway reconstruction costs and loss of business;
- Defended our client in an arbitration matter worth Kes. 118m, and the corresponding appeal in High Court;
- Successfully prosecuted a defamation suit; leading to our client being awarded the highest amount of damages in the country;
- Successfully negotiated on a $3mn settlement for specific passengers in the Ethiopia vs Boeing airplane accident of 2019;
- Advised and assisted in the restructuring of Plan International and World Vision's HR Policy and staff planning
- Currently engaged in Debt recovery for international corporations worth over Kes 500mn
- Advised and assisted in trademark negotiations between an international firm and a local firm