PRACTICE AREA DETAILS
- Date 01 Jun 2016
- Lawyer Arthur Igeria, Martin Gigoni, Ken Rutere
- Location Kenya
- Category Corporate & Commercial Practice Group
ABOUT THIS PRACTICE AREA
Igeria & Ngugi offers secretarial services such as incorporation of private, foreign or subsidiaries business entities, trusts, societies & NGOs.
We advise and assist in Annual returns, AGM services, effecting changes in company formations, drafting of special resolutions, notarization of corporate documents and eventual safe-keeping of company secretarial documents.
- Our Firm was retained by the trustee to advise on the structure of the Mezzanine debt to be undertaken by a Collective Investment Scheme (CIS). We carried out the structuring in conjunction with KN Law LLP and Due Diligence on each of the Project that the CIS was investing and reviewed the security documents and carried out the registration of the same.
- Our firm was retained by the Regulator to provide guidance on the surrender of Spectrum by a holder of a license and to provide advice on the nature of assignment and transfer of surrendered spectrum. The Firm also provided input on gaps in the current legislation and international best practice in the final opinion provided.
- Retained by a top Bank in Kenya to advice on risk management for a mobile phone loan product for the purposes of ensuring compliance with both the Banking Act and the Insurance Act and the accompanying Regulation, Guidelines and Policies.
- The Firm was retained by a multinational Mattress Manufacturing company to assist in the acquisition of a 33% stake in its Kenyan subsidiary in a bid to consolidate control of the entity. We also advised the large Mattress Manufacturing company on the restructure of its Employees during the pandemic.
- Retained to assist a Multinational Tech company that was seeking 18,000,000 Euros facility from the European Investment Bank. Our Firm handled the advisory and review of the first demand guarantee and assisted in the ensuring all the Conditions precedent were met
- The Firm was retained by an African multinational in the online market place business to assist in aligning its HR Policies and its Standard Employment Templates.
- The Firm assisted in the structure and set up of Revolving Fund set up by an Islamic Development Partner in Somalia to provide 5-7 year Loans to University Student to be repaid without interest after graduation. The Firm also carried out a restructure of the Fund to increase its scope in 2020.
- The firm was retained by a Money transfer company whose headquarters are based in the UK to assist in harmonizing its Terms and Conditions as well as policies to comply with the local legislation in more than 72 countries where they operate in.
- Advised and assisted in an application by an Independent Power Producer to set up a 45 MW Solar Plant in Kenya. Our Client is currently in the process of negotiating a Power Purchase Agreement.