PRACTICE AREA DETAILS
- Date 02 Aug 2021
- Lawyer Anthony Mbaji, Julian Ndirangu, David Njoroge
- Location Kenya
- Category Corporate Dipsute Resolution Practice Group
ABOUT THIS PRACTICE AREA
We provide professional services to employers and workers, keen to prevent, resolve and in address a myriad of issues connected to employer-employee relationship. Managers and entrepreneurs consult Igeria & Ngugi when drafting employment policies and handbooks, drafting contracts, termination of employments, structure realignments & downsizing, and further ensuring the protection of employee rights.
We further ensure smooth cooperation between organizations and trade unions, by participating and advising in the drafting of Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Won a favourable Supreme Court decision on a long-running land dispute matter under Section 163.4.A
- Successfully defended the appointment of a regulatory body's Board of Directors.
- Defended KenHA on a suit on access roads to Super-Highways, saving the parastatal almost Kes 2bn in super-highway reconstruction costs and loss of business;
- Defended our client in an arbitration matter worth Kes. 118m, and the corresponding appeal in High Court;
- Successfully prosecuted a defamation suit; leading to our client being awarded the highest amount of damages in the country;
- Successfully negotiated on a $3mn settlement for specific passengers in the Ethiopia vs Boeing airplane accident of 2019;
- Advised and assisted in the restructuring of Plan International and World Vision's HR Policy and staff planning
- Currently engaged in Debt recovery for international corporations worth over Kes 500mn
- Advised and assisted in trademark negotiations between an international firm and a local firm