PRACTICE AREA DETAILS
- Date 02 Aug 2021
- Lawyer Faith Wamuyu, Julian Ndirangu, David Njoroge
- Location Kenya
- Category Corporate Dipsute Resolution Practice Group
ABOUT THIS PRACTICE AREA
Igeria & Ngugi assists companies in aligning their tax practice to relevant tax laws, benefiting from our technical and deep expertise and indepth local knowledge. We advice and assist firms negotiate with the taxman on a payment plan, procuring of waivers, and where necessary, challenge the calculation of such taxes and representation at the Tax Tribunal.
We are well versed with corporate taxation laws and practice, and we employ industry-leading strategies and advisory services.
- Won a favourable Supreme Court decision on a long-running land dispute matter under Section 163.4.A
- Successfully defended the appointment of a regulatory body's Board of Directors.
- Defended KenHA on a suit on access roads to Super-Highways, saving the parastatal almost Kes 2bn in super-highway reconstruction costs and loss of business;
- Defended our client in an arbitration matter worth Kes. 118m, and the corresponding appeal in High Court;
- Successfully prosecuted a defamation suit; leading to our client being awarded the highest amount of damages in the country;
- Successfully negotiated on a $3mn settlement for specific passengers in the Ethiopia vs Boeing airplane accident of 2019;
- Advised and assisted in the restructuring of Plan International and World Vision's HR Policy and staff planning
- Currently engaged in Debt recovery for international corporations worth over Kes 500mn
- Advised and assisted in trademark negotiations between an international firm and a local firm